My client, located in the Reidsville, North Carolina, is looking for a Quality Manager to join its team. This person will be responsible for managing the quality department, customer interactions, corrective actions, report-out on measurables, and maintaining the quality systems to IATF standards. Excellent benefits package included.
- Minimum BS degree or 15 years of Quality Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Quality.
- Ability to solve real-time problems quickly and efficiently.
- CQE certification is highly preferred.
- Travel required to customer sites.
- Well-developed active listening and team skills.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Consulting and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop/coordinate cross-functional work groups projects.
- Working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes and practices.
- Proficiency in the following Software applications; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- May need to provide leadership through example in a unionized environment consistent with prevailing collective bargaining agreements, where applicable.
- Motivates through ‘leading by the example,’ coaching and mentoring and providing ongoing constructive feedback to subordinate staff; competent in consistently systematically eliciting the best efforts and results from subordinate staff.
- Deals effectively with resistance and roadblocks takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Quality Department ensuring its effectiveness
- Address, investigates and resolves customer quality concern
- Ensure quality processes are stable and meeting customer expectations
- Develops team to identify quality improvement opportunities and implement creative solutions
- Contributes to continuous improvement to help drive costs down and improve the overall plant quality performance
- Communicates to all departments utilizing the Quality Alert System
- Oversee corrective actions for completeness and timeliness
- Oversee the Quality Management System ensuring compliance to IATF 16949
- Report out measurables to the Management Team and Corporate office through the operations review
- Visit customers and vendors to ensure open lines of communication and comprehension of issues and requirements
- Work within the framework of Health and Safety and Environmental requirements
- Recommends techniques for problem solving including determining cost causes, implement corrective action and monitoring results.
- Maintain statistical process control program, evaluates and applies metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct quality deficiencies
- Actively involved in meeting corporate standards and procedure e.g. safe launch containment, layered process audits, and product audit
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.