Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
My client, located in La Vergne, Tennessee, needs a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician to join its team. This person Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments. This is a 2nd shift position (3:00pm-11:30pm).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- An associate degree in electrical or industrial maintenance.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, workflow and operational procedures
- Prior experience with CMMS
- Proficient with computers, PLC programming, motor controls and power distribution including three phase electricity controls and components
- Knowledgeable in Allen Bradley, Siemens, and other programming software
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and ladder logic
- Knowledge and ability to assemble troubleshoot and rebuild Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical Systems and their related components
- Must possess solid leadership qualities, including team building with excellent oral & written communications skills
- Ability to initiate corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
- Able to work overtime and emergency call in
- Able to perform job duties safely.
- The position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with the help of another employee.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, electrical and electrical component machinery and equipment.
- Lay out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Maintain documentation on repairs and preventative maintenance within a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Participate in continuing training, embrace concepts of, and actively practice the Safety Programs to achieve a zero accident rate.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
- Effectively communicate with operators, supervisors, and other maintenance technicians as needed, to ensure the sharing of necessary information.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Aid in developing ideas and incorporating them effectively into work processes.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.