Journeyman Mold Maker
My client, located in the Hickory, North Carolina area, is looking for a Journeyman Mold Maker join its team. Excellent benefits package included.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- State indentured apprenticeship or equivalent knowledge of tooling trade, plastic molding techniques and material characteristics.
- 10 years Toolmaker experience preferred.
- Fork truck training.
- Able to work weekends and extended hours to meet customers’ satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Plan, lay out and perform all bench, machine and finishing operations required to alter and condition intricately designed and constructed plastic injection molding dies and related fixtures.
- Work from special instructions to either maintain or alter molds to achieve improvements to the original design.
- Monitor mold performance and inspect own work or work performed by other tool workers.
- Operate all Tool room machines.
- Perform difficult machine set-ups and operations that require improvising of tools and machines for adaptation beyond the normal range and capacities of available equipment.
- Instruct Toolmakers, Machinists and Technicians in the performance of their duties, including training new employees.
- Operate forklift truck and overhead crane.
- Read blue prints.
- Attend and participate in design reviews.
- Outside molder interaction and support.
- Manage mold rebuilds, various extensive engineering projects and design modifications to current and new molds.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies / procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow all safety regulations.
- Working Knowledge of SQF and GMP procedures.
If you are looking for a stable company that will offer you career advancement and meet the above requirements, please send your resume in Word format to email@example.com. Interviews are being scheduled NOW.